Kawasaki STX 15F Jet Ski, 4 Stroke Family Fun
With its leading-edge four-stroke engine and racing-inspired hull, Kawasaki’s JET SKI® STX®-15F personal watercraft provides the precise handling and awe-inspiring acceleration demanded by serious enthusiasts. It also provides the comfort and convenience features for families who want the highest quality three-passenger watercraft.
The legendary NINJA® ZX-12R motorcycle engine provided the starting point for this award-winning JET SKI model. While the bore is the same as that of the smaller JET SKI STX-12F, the stroke is 13.8mm longer, increasing displacement to 1,498cc. This long stroke design delivers a flat torque curve for a smooth spread of power across the entire rpm range. Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, fuel injection and electronic engine control, which harmonizes the fuel and ignition systems, provide maximum performance and reliability.
The fuel injection system utilizes four injectors and a large 60mm throttle body to deliver a quick response exceeding that of the fastest four-stroke watercraft on the market.
Even with such high-performance attributes, the STX-15F has earned a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating, meeting the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards, and the California Air Resources Board standards for 2008.
The four-stroke engine is rubber-mounted in the hull and includes a water-jacketed, performance-tuned exhaust system, dual mufflers and large-capacity airbox.
The STX-15F utilizes a direct drive axial-flow jet pump connected to an oval-edge, stainless steel, three-blade impeller and an 82mm jet pump nozzle for powerful acceleration. Equally important, the STX-15F engine produces its peak power at a relatively low rpm while matching the impeller’s peak efficiency rpm, thus eliminating the need for a complicated gear reduction unit. The result is improved durability, reduced vibration and noise, and improved fuel economy.
The STX-15F is also equipped with Kawasaki Smart Steering® (KSS®). The Kawasaki Smart Steering system features a steering sensor that is electronically linked to an on-board microprocessor. If the handlebar is fully turned in either direction and the engine rpm drops from a designated rpm, such as when the throttle is released at speed, the microprocessor activates the KSS, which raises engine rpm to provide enough thrust to initiate the desired turn.
Kawasaki Smart Steering can assist riders in learning to negotiate turns and to maneuver, making turning easier and smoother. Experienced riders may not feel the system functioning since they realize throttle application is required during turning.
Assisting with low-speed maneuvering is a reverse bucket that is shaped to deliver optimum thrust for more precise direction control when backing, and the bucket is injection molded to eliminate corrosion.
Aggressive turning and high-speed stability are key performance attributes of the STX-15F. Based on the racing-inspired JET SKI 1200 STX-R® model, the one-piece fiberglass hull increases durability while reducing weight, and new injection molded sponsons designed specifically for the STX-15F feature a special “lip” for increased cornering grip and high-speed stability. The hull also features a molded-in Kawasaki Splash Deflector to help minimize spray on the rider.
With its muscular, aggressive look, the STX-15F is lighter and more compact than the competition, yet Kawasaki engineers have created a spacious riding position that makes aggressive performance riding easier and suits a wider range of riders.
The stylish hatch cover is constructed from ABS plastic, adding to the fresh, high-quality styling of the STX-15F, and a hydraulic damper holds the hatch cover open, allowing easy access until the rider closes it. The mirrors are also made of ABS plastic and are mounted directly to the deck, adding to the sleek lines.
The open rear deck of the STX-15F features abundant space for getting into water skis or a wakeboard, and reboarding in deep water is simplified with the automatically retracting boarding step located at the rear of the hull. The rear deck can also accommodate a cooler or other items needed for a day on the water. Other features include a water-resistant storage space, an easily accessible glove box and additional storage space located under the seat.
For extended rides, fuel capacity is a generous 16.4 gallons. Other features include a LCD instrument panel so the rider can monitor the fuel level, speed, engine rpm, trip distance and time. Warning lamps alert the rider to low fuel level or high engine temperature, and a magnetic keyed ignition switch helps deter unauthorized operation.
- Adapted for watercraft use from the legendary NINJA® ZX-12R motorcycle engine
- The strong, 1,498cc, four-stroke engine provides incredibly strong low- and mid-range torque
- Intake tract designed for maximum performance
- Digital fuel injection provides great throttle response, smooth engine performance and quick acceleration, as well as easy starting and excellent fuel economy
- Throttle body diameter is 60mm, 6mm larger than the STX-12F
- Dual overhead cams (DOHC) are light and compact for less valve train inertial mass
- Four-valve cylinder head with large valves provide better intake and exhaust flow to improve torque and power
- Intake and exhaust valve lift as well as timing are set to reduce exhaust emissions
- Tip-over protection shuts engine off if craft tilts more than 61°
- Waterproof ECU and ignition coils protects the ignition system from electrical shorts
- Unique semi-dry sump oil system lowers the crankshaft in the engine, eliminates the need for scavenging pumps, and if the craft is capsized the oil stays in the sump instead of flooding the crankcase
- Kawasaki’s patented oil separator provides fail-safe venting for the crankcase and prevents oil from flowing into the intake tract if the craft is capsized
- Large capacity airbox lowers engine noise and improves air intake flow
- Water-jacketed exhaust system reduces noise level and underhood temperatures for better power
- Double waterbox mufflers deliver whisper-quiet operation
- Has earned a Three-Star Ultra-Low Emissions rating, meeting the Environmental Protection Agency’s strictest standards, and the California Air Resources Board standards for 2008.
- Kawasaki Smart Steering® monitors steering input and engine speed and, when certain conditions are met, raises rpm to initiate a desired turn
- Reverse bucket is designed for precise direction control when backing, and is made of injection molded material to prevent corrosion
- Reverse increases maneuverability in tight places Hull
- Hull size is optimized for a sporty, nimble ride
- Injection-molded sponsons deliver ultra-responsive turning, while enhancing stability
- Three-blade oval-edge stainless steel impeller pitch provides maximum efficiency and incredible durability
- Shielded jet propulsion system gives greater protection from damage
- Kawasaki Splash Deflector (KSD) helps keep spray off the operator and passenger
- Boarding step retracts automatically, making reboarding in deep water easier
- Large capacity fuel tank allows more riding between fill-ups Deck
- Stylish hatch cover has a muscular, performance look
- Handle position makes “stand up” performance riding easier and provides ample room for a wide range of riders
- Spacious, close-to-the-water open rear deck provides plenty of spacious area for putting on skis or a wakeboard and makes deep water boarding much easier
- LCD multifunction meter system with speedometer, tachometer, hour meter, clock, trip distance, trip time, fuel level and warning lights allow operator to easily monitor necessary information, and also alerts operator to low fuel or high engine temperatures
- Storage compartments in bow, glove box and under seat can carry fire extinguisher, tool kit, cooler and more
- Finger-type throttle reduces hand fatigue and increases comfort
- Magnetic keyed ignition switch helps deter unauthorized use
Engine: Four-stroke, four-cylinder inline
Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 69.2mm
Compression ratio: 10.6:1
Induction: Digital fuel injection
Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
Cooling system: Inducted water
Coupling: Direct drive from engine
Propulsion system: Jet pump, axial-flow, single stage
Thrust: 957 lbs.
Fuel capacity: 16.4 gal.
Overall length: 122.8 in.
Overall width: 46.5 in.
Overall height: 41.3 in.
Storage capacity: 23.5 gal.
Dry weight: 745 lbs.
Color: Candy Thunder Blue
Wholesale distributor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A.
9950 Jeronimo Road
Irvine, California 92618